Date(s) - Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - Sunday, October 23, 2016
YOGA, PURPOSE, & ACTION
with Seane Corn, Hala Khouri, & Suzanne Sterling
October 19-23, 2016
For Yoga teachers, community leaders, activists and interested students
“Embark on a transformational journey of provocative self-inquiry, social justice education and creative exploration to uncover your deepest passion and motivation for service that leads to embodied, effective and conscious action.”
My Yoga Scene welcomes Off the Mat, Into the World to Atlanta in 2016 for their Core Training Intensive, which is a five day training workshop that combines the tools of yoga, meditation, self-investigation, voice and ritual with the practical tools of communication, organizing and collaborating to teach participants how to become more effective leaders and agents of change in the world.
This training is 5 days, October 19-23, 2016, from 9 to 5pm daily.
Check in begins at 8:15am each day.
Registered participants will receive more information regarding the schedule closer to the event.
Garden Hills Recreation Center
339 Pinetree Ave, Atlanta, GA
During this core training workshop, participants:
- Learn about the mind-body connection and how the body holds onto and reveals all its experiences
- Explore how to work in environments of suffering and trauma in a healthy, just and sustainable way
- Release limiting beliefs and step into unabashed expressions of purpose and joy
- Liberate the power of your voice as a tool for empowerment and standing in solidarity with others
- Connect deeply with the state of the world and discover your most effective path to service
- Explore the difference between charity and social justice, and what it means to operate from a place of understanding interdependence and standing for equality
- Activate your purpose, engage in collaboration and connect with your community
Intensive Price Tiers*
One of the ways Off The Mat stands for equality and access for all is by creating a pricing tier structure that invites participants to pay based on their income level. This way, people who can pay more “pay it forward” by supporting those who can’t. Please consider what is truly sustainable for you, and choose a price that feels in integrity.
$1350 Supporter (support other leaders as well as yourself)
$1050 Sustainer (pays for you)
$750 Community (discounted fee)
*An important part of justice is access. OTM stands for leveraging privilege to support others. If you can afford to pay any amount above the discounted fee, please consider doing so. This allows OTM to continue to scale the prices of their intensives so that everyone is included.
Registration Refund Policy:
50% Refund until August 1, 2016
No refunds after October 1, 2016
Learn more about Off The Mat & Into The World here.
If you are interested in event sponsorship, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is fully booked.